Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Review: Paciugo Gelato & Caffe

Paciugo Gelato & Caffe
Mall of America
392 West Market
Bloomington, MN 55425
http://www.paciugo.com/

Cuisine: Gelato
Dress: Casual
Cost: $3-$6

I had recently heard a lot about Paciugo through all my food following on Twitter and decided that I really needed to get there.  It hasn’t been at the Mall of America for more than a month and it is already quite popular. 

It is a very open store right on the corner – it doesn’t even have any walls.  Once you’re in the mall it is easy to find, but getting to the mall isn’t always the easiest of tasks.

The first thing that happens is you are greeted by very happy (obviously sugar high) employees that encourage you to taste test any of the flavors you want!  No worries about sample abuse.


All of the Gelato is made fresh on a daily basis and the flavors are constantly changing.  Once you decide on your flavors (That’s right, its plural) they pack the gelato into your cup.  I went with Mocha, CafĂ© Hazelnut and Amaretto and they were so good together!  I didn’t get to try their drink menu but they have a nice and simple coffee selection along with some blended drinks.

This place was amazing and I can’t wait to go back and try a new combination.  Paciugo might actually be replacing Cold Stone for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment