Saturday, May 7, 2011

14 days left

I have 14 days to finish my dress and today I made the executive decision to change the dress.  Crazy I know, but after looking more into the history of my dress I decided that it just wouldn't be a ball gown with the panniers.  The panniers give some extra oomph to the hips.  Mine are not going to be huge or complicated.  Here what they look like with the other undergarments.

I also decided that instead of making the top one whole bodice with a zipper in the back, I will make a stomacher and the rest will be a sort of jacket.  This fits the time period much better.  The stomacher (front piece) will be pinned to my corset and the jacket will then also be pinned in place.  I think this will actually make the dress easier to make too, since I won't have to fit as many pieces. 

I hope to finish the pannier, stomacher, and skirt underskirt tomorrow.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment