Monday, November 9, 2009

An Interesting Weekend

This weekend did not go as planned but that was not a bad thing at all!

Friday:
We had planned on cleaning that apartment a little bit (okay, a lot) but instead ended up watching some TV. The soup is just too good to pass up! We then made a last minute decision to go and see "The Men Who Stare at Goats." Fantastic! It wasn't what I was expecting at all. It wasn't just a comedy, it had so much more to say! I would highly recommend it. The only part that bothered me were the ads before the movie. I don't understand why when I go see a comedy they show ads for a dramatic period, a horror, and an action movie. This movie was not a period, horror or action movie in the least! When I go to a comedy I want to see funny trailers! I hate horror movie trailers because I usually have to close my eyes. I don't even understand how so many of these Horror trailers are "approved for all audiences" on TV. If I get freaked out from these how does a kid sit there and not get nightmares!? I digest...

Saturday:
We were planning on cleaning in the morning since we didn't get to it yesterday. I was also going to get a $1 scarf at Old Navy! It was 9:50AM and that's when I saw it. Twins Moving Sale today at 10AM. I immediately got into the shower and got ready for the day. I had a couple stops to make and I was in line by 11:30AM. The entrance was at Gate F and I started at Gate A - the long way around. In 1 hour I got half way there and had to leave. But hey, I was there.

I then went on to the DSP Regional Conference at St. Thomas Downtown Campus. That place is beautiful! I went to the Awards session and ended up making a good contact with Jason, a recent COY. We talked about how to get chapters more involved in awards. Later that night I met up with some more Deltasigs and we discussed further how to get chapters involved. I'm hoping to go around to chapters to show them the advantages of awards.

Patrick & I then tried to go out for dinner and apparently it was let's go out for dinner night so an hour later we bought food at Target and all was good.

Sunday:
This was our first day of McDonald's breakfast before church and it was a success. After church we watched the games and had planned on cleaning. But instead I took a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment