Monday, November 23, 2009

My MVP

Monday, August 23rd at 12:30 the award show started on MLB.com. I was watching it at work on a computer that not only doesn't have speakers, it doesn't even have a sound card!

So I'm just sitting there, watching the mouths move on the screen and the highlights race past. I love watching Mauer highlights. That grab he made behind the home plate net and the out he made at home when he faked out the runner... I could watch those over and over.

Since I can't hear them I don't know when exactly they will be announcing the winner. Then I see it, they get a little more serious, one of them mouths the word Mauer and a banner pops up saying the words AL MVP Joe Mauer of the Minnesota Twins! Oh my gosh, I was so excited.

I was so ready for them to award it to a damn Yankee so when my guy won I couldn't help yelling out my horray right in the middle of the office. At this point in time I didn't care if everyone knew I was using my work hours to see who got MVP. I told everyone who would listen.

Mauer has to stay in Minnesota and I am quite sure that he will NEVER be a Yankee or a Red Sox.

No comments:

Post a Comment