Sunday, January 23, 2011

Date Night

Our date nights are simple, not because I like simple things, but because I like dates and its a lot easier to have a lot of dates when they are simple.

Drink: Pinot Grigio by Black Swan
I have never been much of a wine person, but in the last couple years I have started to try more and more.  I've realized that I like white wines with a bit of citrus flavor.  You get this citrus flavor from wines made in Australia, which is where Black Swan is made.  This wine was only $6.99 and for the price I would say it was pretty good.  It was as exciting as some other Pinot Grigio wines I've had but I liked it enough to finish the bottle on my own.  Oh yeah, Patrick doesn't like wine so he got a Gatorade, which he likes, so it's all good.

Appetizer: Cheese Curds & Apples
If you didn't already know this, apples go really well with cheese.  I don't know why, I just know they do.  I really like cheese so I wanted to go with a fancy cheese, but this was not a fancy date night.  So I went for the good ol' Wisconsin Cheese Curds.  You just can't go wrong with cheese curds, especially when your date is with a Wisconsin man.

Dinner: Garlic Chicken Pizza with Alfredo Sauce
A white sauce pizza is my favorite especially with spinach and chicken.  I have yet to be able to make a decent pizza so all of ours come out of a box.  This was Culinary Circle brand which I highly recommend!  I have never had one of their pizzas that I didn't like.  The other part that makes our pizza so good is the Pampered Chef Pizza Stone!  Another thing that I would highly recommend if you like softer crust.  Our pizza was a thin crust which usually ends up too crispy for us, but with this pizza stone it cooks just right.

Dessert: Heart Shaped Sugar Cookies
For some reason I can't make cookies.  It's really stupid.  I can make truffles and intricate cakes, but I can't make a simple sugar cookie.  So we buy these too.  Which is alright because it means that for our Date Night I had hardly any cooking to do!

Our Date Nights are always paired with a movie.  We have decided to go through our "10 Must See Musicals" to make sure that we are really happy with what we have.  So we started with #10 Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.  We had more time and nothing better to do so we also watched #9 The Phantom of the Opera.

It was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment