Monday, January 10, 2011

Peace Coffee: Snowshoe Brew

Snowshoe Brew
Peace Coffee
$10.95 per pound
http://www.peacecoffee.com

Peace Coffee is a coffee roaster based in Minneapolis that believes in 100% Fair Trade and organic coffee.  They are a great company that does what they can to be eco friendly while also supporting coffee growers around the world.  They even make local bean deliveries by bike instead of by vehicle.  Peace Coffee also allows you to see exactly what farm your coffee beans came from: http://www.mapmybeans.com/ 

I had heard a lot of great things about Peace Coffee and decided it was about time I tried it myself.  You can buy the coffee online, at their store, or at most Twin Cities grocery stores.  I decided to try the Snowshoe Brew because I like winter.  This is a seasonal blend which is only around for a limited time.

Here is what the packaging reads:
A sweet, smooth blend with a robust spicy flavor.  Warming for blustery days.
Roast Level: Medium
Acidity: Low-Medium
Body: Medium
Aroma: almond, white grapefruit, spice, and malt.
Flavor notes: caramelized sugar, toasted walnut, and mulling spices.

This coffee has a great smooth flavor that is a perfect addition to curling up with a book.  Even the taste reminds me of sitting next to a fire because it has a note of walnut with a little bit of spice.

It has become common for people to think that a coffee only have flavor and kick if it is a dark roast that is as black as the night - I used to be one of them.  The truth though is that you can actually taste more flavor in a medium roast because the flavors are able to show themselves more.  These are also the blends that taste just as good when they're cold!  I am definitely a coffee sipper, not a chugger, so my coffee tends to get cold before I finish it.  This coffee was great because I didn't have to reheat it, instead I got to enjoy another side to the brew.

I can't wait to try more of their coffee knowing that not only am I getting high quality beans, I'm getting beans that actually help people.

No comments:

Post a Comment