Saturday, January 15, 2011

Football Picks

Saturday Divisional Games

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers
This is one of those match ups that you almost get sick of seeing.  These two teams are in the same division and seem to play each other a lot in the playoffs.  The reason you don't get sick of it is because they are two good teams that always seem to produce a great game!  It was tough to pick, but I think I'm going with Pittsburgh today.  A lot of this is going toward home field advantage because Pittsburgh fans play a huge role.  I also think that Pittsburgh is just the better team right now.

Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons
This was a really tough choice not only as a football fan, but a Vikings fan.  I don't even know who to root for in the match up because I can't cheer for our arch nemesis but ever since the 1998/1999 NFC Championship game I just can't like the Falcons.  Sure I'm holding a grudge, who wouldn't?  I think that both teams are equally matched but I think that the Packers want this more and that it is going to show tonight when they play.

Sunday Divisional Games

Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears
I love a good old fashioned come from behind win so naturally I really dig the Seahawks right now - but I jsut don't think they can pull off another win like last weeks.  I really like the fact that they made it this far though because it really shows that a .500 team DOES belong in the playoffs and that the playoff system works in the NFL.  I digress.  I think the Bears are going to win, but not by much and I'm sure it is going to be because of a fluke play or a bad call. 

New York Jets at New England Patriots
I don't think the Jets are any match for the Patriots.  The Patriots are moving along too well and the Jets are having all these legal issues popping up which has to take its toll on the team.  This is the only game that I think is going to be a blow-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment